Mission

To solve real business problems, the right way.

About You

Yes, you read it right. I’m starting the About Me page with an About You section. You might be wondering why.

Well, the primary reason is that this site and blog were created to help you. I can go on and on about my credentials and experience, but the articles written and posted here are meant to help others understand parts of digital strategy, or at least get people thinking.

Articles published here may include products and services that work for me, and by talking about them and providing some insights, I hope I can help you to make an informed decision to pick the right product or service that will work for you.

A good mentor of mine once told me, “don’t worry about your age, or if you’ve successfully sold a company for millions of dollars – share whatever experience you have, it’s the best way of giving back”.

Now, the most probable reasons for you to be on my site, and reading this page, is that you’re running / working in a company that needs help with digital strategy, or that you’re interested to hire / engage me to manage your company’s digital strategy. Connect with me if I’m right, or contact me if I’m not anyway!

About Me

I said I won’t go on and on about my credentials and experience, so I’ll keep it short.

I’m a digital strategist with over 10 years of experience in software and app development. I know Digital Strategist is not the most familiar term here in Singapore. In fact, some people I’ve spoken to thought I created the term, much like how Sherlock Holmes created his job title Consulting Detective.

Well, that’s because this job is not very well understood. I used to run my own software development studio, and after servicing multiple clients over the years, I’ve come to realise that more often than we expect, companies are acquiring or building software without a proper strategy.

The result? 75% of all ERP projects in 2017 fail, and of the other 25%, 60% fail to realise the business benefits that were expected, reported Gartner.

48% of ERP decision-makers are struggling to understand the market and choose the right vendor or partner, and finding the range of solutions confusing.

That’s where I come in. I set client goals and objectives, figure out the real business problems, develop a strategy, execute, measure, and optimise the solution.

Last Note

Why Prancing Ox? Because oxen work hard, but this one knows to how to have fun, hence the prancing!

I’m located in Singapore, and am happy to work with companies big and small. If you’re not located in Singapore, write me anyway! I’d love to connect!